Friday, December 12, 2014

Friday Favorites - 12/12/2014

A couple of the blogs I enjoy reading do a Friday Favorites post of their top finds for the week. I figured I'd do the same. The topics themselves might change a little bit week to week, but I like having the opportunity to share some things I am excited about with you!


Favorite Distraction - Khan Academy
Khan Academy has been a lifesaver. I cannot recommend this enough if you're looking for ways to pass the time and keep your brain stimulated. According to their website, Khan Academy is "a non-profit with the goal of changing education for the better by providing a free world-class education to anyone anywhere." They do this by providing online videos, lessons, and challenges in diverse topics ranging from code-writing to economics. I am particularly enjoying the Crash Course in World History videos by John Green.

Favorite Snack - GoGo Squeez Pear Applesauce
Before I take any of my pain meds, I absolutely need something in my stomach. I keep a box of these in the fridge (I've also enjoyed the strawberry and peach orange flavors) and grab one first thing in the morning. It is just enough that it leaves me with something in my stomach, and it tastes delicious. Plus, I can slurp it up hands-free while I'm scootering down the hallway to wash my face in the morning.

Favorite DIY - 12 Days of Christmas Pillows
I am seriously in love with this pillow. As in, my first planned outing once I get the doctor's say-so will be to the fabric store to buy supplies. I've been thinking about making envelope pillow cases to put on our regular pillows during the holidays, and when I stumbled across these I knew they were perfect. I can't wait to give them a try!

Favorite Gadget - Jawbone Up Move
I recently received a gift card to Amazon and knew that I wanted to purchase a fitness tracker. I did some research, and landed on the Jawbone Up Move. My main reason for choosing it over the Fitbit is that it tracks sleep. You can link your tracker to apps like MyFitnessPal, and at the end of the day you receive a report based on your sleep, steps, and food. I am a very visual person, so seeing everything all graphed out it really great. I'm really looking forward to being able to actually track my steps once I am back up and moving again!

Favorite Jam - When Will My Life Begin
Oh Rapunzel, I'm totally feeling you right now. Stuck locked up above the ground, looking down over everybody else, feeling like you're marking time waiting for something to happen. Okay that might be a little bit melodramatic, I do have the magical outlet known as the internet, but right now this song is really speaking to me!

To Infinity & Beyond
Arendelle




Supercaliswagalistic
Hakuna Masquata



















Favorite Splurge - Racerbacks from Human
One of the dangers of being stuck on the couch all day with only my laptop as company is that there is plenty of time for internet window shopping. While I'm trying hard to limit my actual purchases, there is no harm in making up a list of things that I would splurge on if a boat load of money suddenly dropped into my lap. Right now, I'd definitely splurge on every single one of these shirts. Because of course once I'm mobile again, I'll need awesome workout gear, right?

What about you? Did you have any fantastic favorite things you stumbled across this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment