|Photo courtesy of Emily+Pete Wedding Photography|
My name is Jenna, and I am a Disney addict. I'm not ashamed to admit that my family warns others off of challenging me to trivia. One of my life goals is to visit every Disney park, and I've managed Disney World six times, Disneyland once, and Disneyland Paris twice.
Unfortunately one cannot spend their life visiting the Disney parks (although I will always look to make that job a reality), so in real life I am a museum educator and curator. My husband and I live in an apartment along the Mohawk River with our cat
Who Is This Blog For?
Want to recover from All-American surgery on your left foot by running a half-marathon in Disney World? We might be twins. New to running? I'll cover that. Recovering from surgery, any surgery? I'll touch on that too. Do you like setting goals and working towards them? There's going to be bits of that, and probably some about what to do in case of setbacks as well. Want to hear about the experience of a first time RunDisney participant? If all goes well, we'll get to that too!
15 Random Things About Me
- I was a Pilgrim on Thanksgiving in 2010.
- I am currently writing a book about kids who travel in history and save the world.
- I have freckles, and love them. When my grandparents met, my grandpa saw my grandmother across the room, turned to his buddy and said "I'll take the one with the freckles."
- I learned how to cook on open hearths and wood stoves, and genuinely miss it compared to cooking with modern appliances.
- I have a strange affinity for food other people say tastes like cardboard, like rice cakes or Twizzlers bites.
- I want to be crafty, but I have zero patience so a lot of my projects end up either to sloppy to use or half finished and abandoned.
- This is the second major surgery I've had. In 2012 I had a scapular muscle reattachment surgery on my left shoulder following four years of chronic, un-diagnosed pain. It still bugs me, but is absolutely manageable. That experience gave me a lot of life-management skills I use every day.
- Christmas is my FAVORITE
- I stay to the end of the credits at the movies. I feel like I owe it to all of those people who worked on it to watch their names scroll by. I'm happy now that Marvel has started to say thank you for that by adding shorts at the end of the credits.
- I played the French Horn all the way through college.
- The first trip my husband and I took together, we spent most of the day at the Holocaust Museum in DC.
- If it is blue or teal and and has a bird or branch on it, I will try to buy it. The color of our living matched our bridesmaids dresses, which match my favorite shirt, which match pretty much anything else that comes in "Dutch Tile Blue."
- Spring is my favorite season, largely because I love flowers and splashing in puddles.
- In college I triple-majored, double-minored, had an on campus job, was the president of the French Club, secretary of the Symphonic Band, and was a Resident Assistant.
- On our honeymoon, we went to seven different museums.