Saturday, January 16, 2016

What I'm Wearing to Disney: January 2016 Edition

We're heading back to Walt Disney World on Tuesday (eek!) and once again I did my best to put together fun outfits based off of some of my favorite characters for each of our days in the park. The weather, as is usual in Florida in January, is going to range quite a bit. With the exception of Tuesday we're looking at anywhere from low 60's to mid 70's for the high, and at night, it is getting down into the 40's.


Here's what I'm packing:
Tuesday: Travel & Magic Kingdom
My whole family all together in Walt Disney World? Talk about BEST DAY EVER! I absolutely adore this t-shirt, which I got from the Etsy shop Happily Ever Tees. The shirt itself is super comfortable, plus I think it is the perfect fit for our first day in the park. 

 Wednesday: Magic Kingdom
I've seen a few other people Disneybounding as Gaston, probably because all told it is a fairly simple outfit. Plus, the face character of Gaston is said to be quite a ham. For me, one of my best friends and I got into a heated discussion about whether or not Gaston is actually a villain, so this is a bit of an homage to her. 

Wednesday Dinner: California Grill
Wednesday night, we're going for a very special (and late) dinner at California Grill. I'm SUPER excited about it, and am breaking out my adorable ribbon Sleeping Beauty headband that I got several years ago from the Etsy shop ArtSENAL. There aren't a lot of places I can wear it, so I'm pretty excited to get the chance. My dress isn't quite the one pictures, mine is actually from New York & Co this summer, and I might try to find a darker pink cardigan to go with it before we leave. We'll see.

 Thursday: Epcot
So I don't know about you, but we've already seen Star Wars twice, and if you were to ask me today if I wanted to go back I'd go. Like, let's go, tonight, right now. I absolutely loved it. I wasn't really introduced to the original triology as a kid, so I haven't been as obsessive as (my husband) some people, but I really loved Force Awakens. And while Rey is my absolute favorite, I adored BB-8. I still haven't decided yet, when he flips his lighter at Finn, is that a thumb or a middle finger?


Friday: Universal Studios Orlando
When I was eleven years old, my middle school librarian brought me the first two books in a brand new series for me to read. I've been a Potterhead since the beginning, and am VERY excited to head back to Universal now that Diagon Alley is open. I went shortly after the opening of Hogsmede and can't wait to see the expanded park. My husband bought me this tank top awhile back as a gift. Isn't it great? Team Hufflepuff!


Saturday: Animal Kingdom
One of my all-time favorite Disney characters is Mulan, and my mom feels the same way. She is her own kick-butt, take no names sort of gal, and I know that by Saturday I'm going to be slowing down. Animal Kingdom is a tough park if you're not super sturdy on your feet, and after being on the go since Tuesday I'm going to need to channel my inner warrior to keep up. 

Sunday: Hollywood Studios
Since the Buzz Lightyear ride in Magic Kingdom will be closed during our stay (BOO!) I thought it best to reinvent my summer Buzz outfit for wintertime while we're shooting targets at Toy Story Mania in Hollywood Studios. Plus, construction has started on the new Toy Story land. I can't wait to see how that turns out!

Monday: Epcot & Flying Home
Even though we're seeing Fantasmic the night before, our last day in the parks we actually have a Fastpass to get our picture taken with Mickey. I'm not sure what he'll be wearing in Epcot, but I thought I'd channel my favorite broom-weilding version. Plus, this is a nice outfit for the flights home. 

Spare Outfit #1
If you're anything like me, you know to always pack a couple of spare outfits for your trip. You never know how drenched your going to get riding Splash Mountain, or when you're going to drop all of the chocolate from your ice cream bar across your shirt!


Spare Outfit #2
And just in case your first spare outfit gets ruined, having a second one is always a good idea!


So what do you think? I'll try to get pictures of the whole outfit together everyday, ideally with something that fits along with the outfit. I'm getting so excited, only four days to go!!!

1 comment: