Friday, July 17, 2015

What I'm Wearing to Disney


In honor of today being the 60th anniversary of the opening of Disneyland, I thought I'd share with you my outfits for my own upcoming Disney trip next month. Although we're heading to the Florida park, not California, I figure in August there won't be much of a difference between the two. 

My big goals for these outfits was to be comfortable, drawn from things I either already had or could buy without breaking the bank, and to be sneaky about paying homage to a different Disney character. My in-laws flat out laugh at people who wear Disney paraphernalia (why!??!) so I thought this could be my subtle way of still going about it. 

Ready? Alright, here's my starting lineup:
Kim Possible: August 2015




Day 1: Travel & Epcot
I want something cool enough to handle being out in the parks, but with the sweater for the plane ride. They've replaced the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure with Phineas & Ferb, so I'm calling this a throwback.

Buzz Lightyear: August 2015




Day Two: Magic Kingdom
Starting off with breakfast, we're spending the majority of the day in my favorite park. Ugh that's tough. Tied for favorite with Epcot. As an homage to one of my family's favorite rides, I've got my Buzz Lightyear of Star Command outfit all ready to go!


Minnie Mouse: August 2015




Day Three: Disney Hollywood Studios
When you're talking movies, there are so many options in terms of characters. Do you go Muppets? Indiana Jones? Old Hollywood? I figured since it all started with a man and a mouse, I'd stick with the classics. The mouse's sweetheart (Girlfriend? Wife? They had separate houses in Toon Town...) is about as classic as you get. 
Dory: August 2015




Day Four: Animal Kingdom
One of my favorite movies is Finding Nemo, and spending most of the day in Animal Kingdmo (and seeing the Finding Nemo show) makes Dory a good pick. I've also found Animal Kingdom to be the warmest of the parks, so hopefully this will help me stay cool!


Aladdin: August 2015




Day Five: Epcot & Travel
All good things must come to an end. We're spending our last day in Florida running around Epcot, and although the story of Aladdin is NOT set in Morocco, you'll often find the characters there. The World Showcase is one of my favorite places in the whole world, and inspired me to study other cultures and languages so I thought that this outfit would be fitting.

I will definitely try to make sure I get a good photo each day so you can see how it turned out. The shoes may change as we get closer too. I'm eyeing the new Vans line, and might go ahead and grab something there. Or, I'll end up in just regular tennis shoes and pretend like the shoes don't matter to the outfit as a whole.

So what do you think? Do you have a favorite? Which characters inspire your outfits?

No comments:

Post a Comment