Saturday, September 26, 2015

Big River Grille & Brewing Works Lunch Review

During our trip to Walt Disney World in August we stayed at the Boardwalk Inn. My husband and I arrived (via Magical Express) just after noon, and my in-laws pulled in around 1:30. Before jumping into the parks, we decided to start with our bellies full. As a family we like to visit craft breweries, so my father-in-law voted that we visit the Big River Grille & Brewing Works, located right on the Boardwalk next to our hotel.

Also, I managed to take exactly 0 pictures while we were at lunch, so my apologies for not having images to go along with this review. You'll have to channel your inner Figment and use your imagination!

Big River Grille & Brewing Works Lunch, August 2015
Checking In & Atmosphere
We were a little past the usual lunch hour by the time we walked over, so there were a number of tables available and we were able to walk right in. Yay for no waiting!

The interior of the restaurant is quite small and condensed, but nice. They had a little display of the awards won by their various beers, and straight back from their entrance you can actually see the brewery operation. We were on a mission to get our food and get into the parks so we didn't linger, but it was overall a decently nice place.

Food & Drink
Here's what we ordered:
Me - Grilled chicken cashew salad and Summer Flyer Light Lager beer
Hubby - Blackened Mahi Mahi Sandwich and Summer Wheat beer
MIL - Grilled Chicken Cesar Salad
FIL - Blue Ridge Pork Sandwich and Rocket Red Ale

To be honest, this was probably the most forgettable meal of the trip. I was actually planning on ordering their Sweet Magnolia American Brown Ale, which I'd seen good reviews for online, but they were out when we were there. Of the three beers we tried we all agreed that mine, the lager, was surprisingly the best. A lot of lagers have nothing to them, but this actually had a nice body and flavor.

Everyone's meal was alright, not bad, not the best thing we've ever had. My salad was good, and very large, I felt like it was a good sized portion for the cost. My husband asked for a side of veggies instead of fries, hoping to get a slightly healthier option. What he ended up getting were some soggy carrots and broccoli literally dripping with butter.

TLDR Breakdown
Food Rating: B-
Atmosphere Rating: B-
Service Rating: B
Overall Rating: B-
Bottom Line: Glad we tried it for my FIL's sake, but with so many other options so close by (*cough* Epcot *cough*) I would be hard pressed to eat there again.

Check out my other Disney dining reviews and planning tips here!

No comments:

Post a Comment